Athletics Passports LLC ("Athletics Passports")
is a Maryland company and is the owner and operator of www.athleticspassports.com and other websites, applications and other distribution channels that ATHLETICS PASSPORTS designates from time to time, including websites to collect information to verify particular athleteâs age and grade for purposes of competing or participating in athletic competitions and events (hereinafter, "Website" or "Websites"). ATHLETICS PASSPORTS is committed to protecting the online privacy of visitors to the Websites.
By way of further background integral to this policy, sporting and tournament organizations and event providers ("Tournament Organizations") develop, promote and host youth athletic tournaments, events and competitions ("Competitions" or "Events"). Tournament Organizations have certain rules of play for its Events, including, but not limited to, age and/or grade eligibility requirements for athletes ("Players") for competing in Events. Proof of age requirements as well as proof of grade requirements have been difficult to administer and enforce during Events, and incidents of "age" or "grade" cheating to gain tactical advantage during Events has been increasing in some areas, the incidents of which can lead to an unsafe and unsportsmanlike environment. Athletics Passports provides its Website for Players to register and upload certain specified proof of age and grade documents. Once a Player has registered via the Website(s), uploaded required proof of age and grade documents and paid the applicable fees, the Player will be issued an eligibility card by Athletics Passports, and proof of age and grade will be provided to those Tournament Organizations with which a Player is already registered for an Event(s).
- What personally identifiable information is collected from you through the Website, how it is used, and with whom it may be shared.
- What choices are available to you regarding the use of your data.
- The security procedures in place to protect the misuse of your information.
- How you can correct any inaccuracies in the information.
You are free to choose whether or not to engage in any activity on Website that involves your submission of personal information, such as your name, email address, phone number, age, grade or other information that can be used to identify or contact an individual, whether online or offline. We will ask you for such information expressly. Most of the activities on our Websites do not require you to submit any personal information other than your name, age, and grade verification.
When we ask you to submit personal information, if not already explained herein, we will explain in the sign-up or collection process how we will use the information (such as requesting an email address when you sign up for a newsletter). We will use the information only as we have stated herein or elsewhere, and other than in the circumstances which are described below (such as in relation to law enforcement or a business transfer).
We use the anonymous information that is automatically collected from your device, such as a computerâs Internet Protocol address, a mobile device identifier, operating system, or general location such as zip code, to support internal operations so that we can understand and monitor the usage of our Websites and improve the performance of these platforms.
1. Information We Collect and How We May Use It
A. Personally Identifiable Information â At various locations on the Website, such as areas where you may request information (including technical or support) and/or sign up for ATHLETICS PASSPORTS verification, or events and promotions, you may provide us personally identifiable information such as name, mailing address, telephone number or email address, as well as proof of your age and grade (or, that of your child or person under your legal guardianship, as the case may be). (Hereinafter, unless otherwise stated, the term "you" or "your" shall also include your child or person under your legal guardianship for whom the Website is being used for purposes of registration and obtaining proof of age or grade for Events). If you choose to give us personally identifiable information through the Websites, we will collect and retain that personally identifiable information.
We, along with our affiliates, may use your personally identifiable information:
- contact you via email, telephone, or standard mail in the future to tell you about ATHLETICS PASSPORTSâs products and services, events and promotions (including by sending you e-newsletters, marketing communications and announcements from ATHLETICS PASSPORTS and its education partners), as well as to contact you regarding past, present or future projects.
- To provide proof of your age and grade to Tournament Organization for which you are registered for Events.
You may opt out of these communications at any time.
In addition, we, along with our affiliates, may use your personally identifiable information and project data to:
- respond to you regarding the reason you contacted us and provide customer service;
- personalize and enhance your visits to the Websites;
- deliver services you request or purchase via the Websites, where available; and
B. When You Register with the Website, uploaded required proof of age and grade documents and paid the applicable fees, you will be issued an eligibility card by Athletics Passports, which shall expire two years from the date of issuance, and deemed a "Verified Player"
. By registering and uploading documents, you may be required to create an account and provide financial information such as credit card number and type, billing address, and expiration date, in addition to personally identifiable information such as name, billing address, telephone number, email, and other data. If so, your financial information is used:
- to register you with the Website to become a Verified Player;
- to create a unique account for you and to administer it;
- for billing purposes; and
- to contact you if we have questions about your payment.
C. When You Register with the Website to become a Verified Player, in order to access and use some parts of the Website, you must login via your unique account access information. By using the Website, you provide consent for ATHLETICS PASSPORTS to collect personally identifiable information and project data associated with your account.
D. Non-Personal Information â When you use the Website, we may also collect non-personal information, which we define as information that cannot be used by itself to identify you personally. Non-personal information includes, but is not limited to, technical information (such as your IP address, the type of browser you are using, and the websites you visit immediately before and immediately after you visit the Websites) and demographic information (your age, gender, income, education, profession, area code, zip code, etc.). Non-personal information also includes, without limitation, other anonymous data involving your use of the Websites, such as the Websites you visit and the terms you enter into the search or select functions of the Websites. We or our service providers may collect this information by automated means, using technologies such as cookies, Web server logs, and Web beacons.
E. Cookies â We use "cookies" to store information and enhance your visits to the Websites. A cookie is a small amount of data that is sent to your browser from a web server and stored on your computer's hard drive. Cookies do not store personally identifiable information about you, unless you knowingly provide it. Cookies can store non-personal information, such as what websites, pages, or advertisements your browser has accessed.
You generally can refuse and/or delete cookies. See your Internet browser "Help" file for instructions. Please note that some of our Website functionalities utilize cookies and might not work for you if you refuse or delete cookies.
F. Web Beacons â We also may use "web beacons" (also often called "clear GIFs", "clear pixels", "1Ã1 GIFs", or "1Ã1 pixels") which are tiny graphic image files, embedded in a web page in GIF, jpeg or HTML format, that provide a presence on the web page and send back to its home server information from your browser, such as the IP address, the URL of the page on which the web beacon is located, the type of browser that is accessing the site and the ID number of any cookies on your computer previously placed by that server.
We may use web beacons to collect non-personal information about your use of the Websites and your use of special promotions or content. This information allows us to statistically monitor how many people are using the Websites. Our web beacons are not used to track your activity outside of the Websites. We do not link non-personal information from web beacons to personally identifiable information without your permission.
We want to make our Websites as engaging and useful as possible. Accordingly, we may use your non-personal
information for market research and data analytics. We reserve the right to use, disclose, license, assign or otherwise transfer information which is not personally identifiable information as we find appropriate.
G. "Do Not Track" Signals â We currently do not process or comply with any web browserâs "do not track" signal or similar mechanism that indicates a request to disable online tracking of individual users who visit the Websites or use our services, unless otherwise stated in a service-specific privacy statement.
H. ESPECIALLY FOR CHILDREN UNDER 13
Our collection of personal information on Websites that are directed to children, particularly children or players under 13 is intended to follow the principles of the Childrenâs Online Privacy Protection Act ("COPPA"), a U.S. law designed to protect the online privacy of children under the age of 13.
We will obtain parental consent before asking for personal information on our Websites, unless the request for information falls within an exception that would be permitted under COPPA.
We do not make personal information collected from children publicly available nor do we enable children to so on our Website. The personal information regarding children will not be shared except to provide proof of age and grade of registered players to Tournament Organizations for which he or she is registered. We will not condition a childâs registration on the disclosure of more personal information than is reasonably necessary to verify the childâs age and grade.
Parents or guardians may contact us (at (866) 788-4925 or email@example.com) to review, update or delete any of their childrenâs personal information that we may have collected and to elect for us not to collect any additional personal information from their children.
We will obtain parental consent before asking for personal information on our Website, unless the request for information falls within an exception that would be permitted under COPPA. We will explain how we will use the information and use it only for that purpose. Here are examples of personal information that we request on our Website:
- Name, Age, Grade. Children can provide their name, age, grade and email address. We use such information, however, only to fulfill a request, authorized by the parent or guardian, to have the child become a Verified Player and to participate in Events that Tournament Organizations require him or her to be a Verified Player. Only a parent or legal guardian can provide financial information to pay for the applicable account, the provision of which is an express authorization by the parent or guardian for the Childâs information to be disclosed or used for the limited purposes set forth herein, e.g., to provide age and grade verification to Tournament Organizations.
I. Mobile Device Information - We collect information about the mobile device you use to access or use the Websites, including the hardware model, operating system and version, unique device identifiers, mobile network information and information about your use of our mobile applications. With your consent, we may also collect information about the location of your device and access and collect information from certain native applications on your device (such as your deviceâs camera, photo album and phonebook applications) to facilitate your use of certain features of the Websites. For more information about how you can control the collection of location information and/or our access to other applications on your device, please see "Your Choices" below.
2. Disclosure of Information We Collect
- Except as specifically set forth in this Policy, we do not share your personally identifiable information with any non-affiliated third party without your permission.
A. Corporate Family, Affiliates â We may share your personally identifiable information with ATHLETICS PASSPORTS affiliates, employees, and agents, and with certain websites that are controlled by us or by entities under common control with us, so that they and we can offer you products and services that may be of interest to you. We endeavor to restrict access to personally identifiable information to those individuals who need to know that information in order to operate, develop or improve our services. These individuals are bound by confidentiality obligations and may be subject to discipline if they fail to meet these obligations.
B. When You Register to Become a Verified Player - In order to verify your identity and process your registration, we may share financial information and personally identifiable information you provide with third-party payment processors. Otherwise, we do not share your financial information with third parties.
C. When You Become a Verified Player âWe store the information in order to provide proof of age and grade to Tournament Organizations for which the Player is registered as set forth in Conditions of Use and this Policy.
D. Service Providers - We sometimes engage unaffiliated businesses to assist us in providing you certain services on the Website. For example, we may use third parties to provide advertising, marketing and promotional assistance, process credit card transactions, provide email services, or facilitate our online services. In those instances, we may share your personally identifiable information with them for the purposes of their delivering services and processing payment for you in connection with your request. These businesses also may collect both personally identifiable information you provide and non-personal information about your visits to the Websites and other websites via cookies and web beacons to help them provide their services to us. The information collected by the cookies and Web beacons (including your IP address) will be disclosed to these service providers, who use the information to evaluate your use of the Websites. These businesses may also aggregate your non-personal information for use in targeted advertising, marketing research, and other similar purposes. If you want to prevent a third party business from collecting and using this information, you may visit the third party advertiser's website directly and opt-out.
This Policy does not apply to the practices of third parties that we do not own or control, including but not limited to any third party websites, services and applications ("Third Party Services") that you elect to access through the Websites or to individuals that we do not manage or employ. While we attempt to enable access only to those Third Party Services that share our respect for your privacy, we cannot take responsibility for the content or privacy policies of those Third Party Services. Please make sure to review the privacy policies of any Third Party Services you access.
E. Business Transactions Involving ATHLETICS PASSPORTS â ATHLETICS PASSPORTS may buy other entities or business assets, or sell all or part of our business or assets, or combine with other businesses. If so, personally identifiable information as well as and non-personal information that we have collected may be transferred as part of the transaction. We specifically reserve the right to transfer or share a copy of personally identifiable information collected from the Websites to the buyer or transferee of that portion of our business relating to that information. Should such a transaction occur, we will use reasonable efforts to direct the buyer or transferee to use personally identifiable information you have provided to us in a manner that is consistent with this Policy.
F. Aggregate Information â We may disclose aggregate information, such as demographic information and our statistical analyses of such demographic information, to third parties, including advertisers or other business partners. This aggregate information is not linked to any personally identifiable information.
G. Legal Process â We may disclose personally identifiable information when we are required or requested to do so by law or legal process, court order or other government or law enforcement authority or regulatory agency; to enforce or apply our rights, agreements, and policies, including but not limited to this Policy and/or our Conditions of Use; and when we believe in good faith that disclosing this information is necessary or advisable, including, for example, to protect the rights, property, or safety of ATHLETICS PASSPORTS, our users, or others.
- The security of your personally identifiable information is important to us. We maintain physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards to secure your personally identifiable information. However, there is always some risk in transmitting information electronically. The Personal Information we collect is stored by us or by our third-party designees within databases that we or our third-party designees control. As we deem appropriate, we use security measures consistent with industry standards, such as firewalls and encryption technology, to protect your information. For example, when our registration form asks users to enter sensitive information (such as a credit card number), that information is encrypted. However, we cannot guarantee the security of our or our third-party designees' databases, nor can we guarantee that information you supply won't be intercepted while being transmitted to us or our third-party designees over the Internet or that information we share with others as permitted by this Policy will always be held secure by them.
YOU HEREBY ACKNOWLEDGE THAT ATHLETICS PASSPORTS IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY INTERCEPTED INFORMATION SENT VIA THE INTERNET, AND YOU HEREBY RELEASE US FROM ANY AND ALL CLAIMS ARISING OUT OF OR RELATED TO THE USE OF INTERCEPTED INFORMATION IN ANY UNAUTHORIZED MANNER.
4. Your Choices
- To opt out of marketing communications, you may:
- email your request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please be aware that if you opt out of marketing communications, we may not be able to provide information and services to you.
To change or delete your personally identifiable information collected via the Website, please:
- email your request to email@example.com
With your consent, we may collect information about your actual location when you use our mobile applications. You may stop the collection of this information at any time by changing the settings on your mobile device, but note that some features of our mobile applications may no longer function if you do so. Note that you can revoke your consent at any time by changing the settings on your device. With your consent, we may send promotional and non-promotional push notifications or alerts to your mobile device. You can deactivate these messages at any time by changing the notification settings on your mobile device or within our mobile applications. You may opt out of receiving our ads as part of a customized campaign by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org .
Information associated with your registration on the Website and verification of age and grade may be accessed using the valid username and password for that account. You can generally make changes directly to these pages by logging into your account. If you have other questions, please email your request to at email@example.com. Please allow several business days for the request to be processed. After receiving a request to change or delete your information, we will make reasonable efforts to ensure that all of your personally identifiable information or project data stored in databases we actively use to operate the Websites will be updated, corrected, changed or deactivated, as appropriate, as soon as reasonably practicable. However, we reserve the right to retain in our archival files any information we remove from or change in our active website databases. We may retain such information to resolve disputes, troubleshoot problems and enforce our Conditions of Use. In addition, it is not technologically possible to remove each and every record of the information you have provided to us.
Please note that some services and information may not be available to you if you do not provide personally identifiable information or if you withdraw it after you provide it. E.g., if you do not provide proper proof of age and grade, you cannot become or maintain, as the case may be, your Verified Athlete status, nor will such verification be provided to Tournament Organizations.
5. Links to Other Sites
6. Your California Privacy Rights
- Under Section 1798.83 of the California Civil Code, residents of California have the right to request from a business with whom the California resident has an established business relationship certain information with respect to the types of personal information the business shares with third parties for those third parties' direct marketing purposes, and the identities of the third parties with whom the business has shared such information during the immediately preceding calendar year. To exercise your rights, you may make one request each year by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org with "Request for California Privacy Information" on the subject line and in the body of your message. Be sure to provide in the request sufficient information to properly identify you and/or the members of your family.
7. Implied Consent Under CASL
- Persons in Canada who contact us and/or provide their telephone number or email address are providing implied consent under Canadaâs Anti-Spam Legislation (CASL) for us, our affiliate companies, and our ATHLETICS PASSPORTS affiliates to send them electronic marketing communications under CASL. See the end of this policy for contact information for us, as well as our affiliate companies, as required under CASL. If you do not wish to give this consent under CASL, please do not provide your telephone number or email address. You may cancel this implied consent at any time by opting out as described in this Policy.
8. International Users
9. Changes to Policy
- We reserve the right to change this Policy at any time, so please review it frequently. If we change our Policy, we will post those changes to this Policy statement and to other places we deem appropriate so that you aware of what information we collect, how we use it, and under what circumstances, if any, we disclose it.
10. Contact Us
â If you have questions or concerns regarding our Policy, please contact us by email at email@example.com, or via regular mail to the ATHLETICS PASSPORTS address below.
11. CASL Contact Information
- As required under CASL, Contact Information for ATHLETICS PASSPORTS, is:
866 Mill Creek Road
Arnold, MD 21012
12. Where we Store Information
13. Online Safety
- We encourage you to educate yourself and your child on privacy concerns. We recommend, as a starting point, the following guide published by the federal government, http://www.onguardonline.gov/articles/0031-kids-privacy.